Mysteries of the Mists is a collection of the new monsters, spells, and magic items created for The Howling Caverns and Colossus Wake, packaged in one compact zine.
10 new monsters to challenge your players with, 4 new spells to encourage greater creativity in play, and 16 new magic items to get out of difficult situations.
The PDF version is fulfilled by DriveThruRPG or itch.io. The physical book will be A5 paperback format, and professionally printed to a high standard.
3 horrifying monsters from my first 5e horror module The Howling Caverns:
- The Gharblest (CR 3): A terrifying mix of the ruthless ferocity of a goblin and the raw power of a Barghest
- Qalupalik (CR 3): Slinking from the frozen sea to drag unsuspecting prey into the endless abyss
- Wereowl (CR 1): Swift and merciless but easily distracted by shiny things
And 7 monsters appearing in the follow-up Colossus Wake:
- Chittering mimic (CR 4): A terrifyingly nimble mimic variant that unleashes a stream of disorienting gibberish
- Gelatinous pond (CR 4): Rarer and deadlier than their cuboid relations, able to hide in plain sight for years before striking
- The Scarlet Jack (CR 21): The manifestation of a broken vow, heartless and unstoppable
- Sendrak (CR 10): Nightmare made flesh in the twisted form of a dragon
- Silvertongue (CR 5): Charming half-devil specialising in intrigue and subterfuge
- Traitor’s Heart (CR 4): A black heart twisted by betrayal refuses to die; the heartbeat of death approaches
- Violet pudding (CR 4): Magical corruption taken physical form, spreads chaos and death
4 versatile new spells:
- Song of Steel (2nd)
- Speak with Stone (1st)
- Temper Weapon (2nd)
- Words Take Flight (1st)
16 remarkable magic items:
- Blade of the Norns: A sickle with the power to snip the threads of fate
- Coronal of Insight: Crown of an eldritch being of nightmare bringing with it the curse of knowledge
- Egil’s Fury: Enchanted longbow imbued with frost, fire, and lightning
- The Elder Horn: Summon an ally or broadcast your intentions to the world
- The Eye of Dawn: A morning star forged by the Sun god, destined to burn the undead
- Formless Clay: Shape a small ally to fight by your side
- Hardened Heart: Once-living heart twisted and corrupted by hatred hardens your own in turn
- Indomitable Greataxe: Conquer the demon fear and overcome all odds
- Mirror Shield: Deflect a magical force and reflect it upon your foe
- Radiant Sphere: Dispel the darkness in a crash of brilliance
- Raven Dirk: Vanish in a flurry of black feathers and reappear to deliver a fatal strike
- The Scarlet Jack: A cursed coin and manifestation of the cost of a broken vow
- The Scintillating Wren: Summon an enchanted bird to act as guide and familiar
- Truemetal Circlet: Bestows ancient magical knowledge and power long thought lost
- Volundr’s Chain: God-forged iron chain said to summon a soldier of flame
- Wings of Steel: Glide on the winds with these exquisite dwarven bracers
Launching on 01 February and running for 2 weeks. Back at higher levels to get copies of The Howling Caverns and Colossus Wake.
Stretch goals include a deluxe hardcover edition with new art from fantasy legend Ralph Horsley!