We Deal in Lead is Itchfunding Now
You look to those closest to you, fellow gunslingers of the Order of the King. The arduous trek across the bleached desert is over and now you stand before a slip door. Though tested, the fellowship of your Order stands true.
You grasp the worn sandalwood grip of your artefact gun and twist open the door. You gasp as the sharp sea air hits your lungs. Gulls caw and the foam sprays your face like a baptism. You step through to another reality.
After all, there are other worlds than these.
Stand true, Gunslinger
We Deal in Lead is a dark fantasy Western RPG by Colin Le Sueur for 1 or more players. Streamlined rules, fast character creation, and gameplay built on exploration and player choice. Based on Cairn by Yochai Gal. We Deal in Lead is crowdfunding now on Itch.io.
- Set in a strange post-apocalyptic world eerily close to ours, where the borders of time and space wear thin
- You are Gunslingers, mythic champions holding off the forces of chaos with lead and grit
- Combat and exploration gameplay designed for 1 or more players, including solo or group play
- Streamlined d20 roll-under rules based on Cairn, Into the Odd, and Knave
- Hard-hitting gunslinger combat with new gun mechanics
- Compatible with other Cairn adventures and settings; journey with your gunslingers into other genres and times
- Recruit heroes from other worlds to join your quest, even those fallen to death; death is just another door, after all
- Keep the bonds of fellowship strong within your Gunslinger Order and your aim will remain true
- Wilderness survival and exploration through a world that has moved on — the known and unknown lands are dangerously unpredictable
- Friend and train beast companions to act as your eyes, ears, or fangs, including hawks, wolves, and bumblers
Of Sleeping Bears has done an amazing job with Watch & Warrant, the companion 6 track EP for We Deal in Lead.
- High Moon
- The Ghost Town of Lud
- Ash & Brimstone
- Rest for the Wicked
- A New Frontier
- Broken Order
All 6 tracks are included with the Ashcan PDF and Physical Edition.
Album art by Kim Diaz Holm.
What People Are Saying
ModernModron (@modernmodron), artist and designer:
Absolutely dripping in flavor, We Deal in Lead feels ripe to create a dark fiction environment. I particularly like the rules for the order/ breaking the order and it sets up a great narrative arc leading out of a major loss, which is fantastic
First come smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.
This has not only the mechanical prowess to accomplish its genre/setting emulation, but the soul. I cannot wait to assemble my ka-tet and ride!